About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for a “Tax Technology Manager” to join their expanding team in their Irvine, CA office. This role is a great fit for someone who has expertise as a tech/tax consultant and can bring automation, process improvement, and new ideas to the table.
Salary: $150,000 – $175,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Hybrid in Irvine, CA (4 days onsite initially, more flexibility over time)
- Develop and implement a tax technology strategy/roadmap for automation, streamlining, and standardization of tax compliance and reporting, data management, data analytics, process management, and research
- Support technology initiatives, including ERP implementation, and serve as the lead tax representative on cross-functional project implementation teams
- Work with tax and non-tax personnel to identify and document functional requirements and design specifications, provide feedback on technical design specifications, perform all facets of testing and debugging, support application go-live, and provide tax technical application support in production environment
- Manage tax technology projects utilizing project management techniques and tools.
- Ensure the design and implementation of a sound internal control environment for all tax technology applications and integrations under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 and ensure timely and successful completion of internal control audits.
- Administer user access rights, manage periodic updates/upgrades, and provide problem-solving and technical support for tax technology applications.
- Develop system/process documentation, deliver end-user training, and document policies and procedures for effective use of tax technology.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with tax technology application vendors and consultants.
- Train tax team members for various tax software, data, and process enhancement tools.
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required. Master’s in accounting, finance, or taxation is a plus
- Experience with OneSource Direct & Indirect compliance software and Indirect Tax determination software, or CCH Access Tax is a plus
- Broad-based knowledge of U.S. federal, state, and local, direct and indirect taxes, and tax lifecycle (planning, compliance, and audit)
- Experience with implementation of tax technology solutions, including technology design, development, and implementation lifecycle, as well as working with cross-functional implementation teams to successfully integrate applications
- Major ERP experience (ideally Oracle) and experience integrating tax technology solutions such as Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, UI Path and similar data analytic and manipulation tools as well as Thomson Reuters One source solutions for Direct and Indirect Tax
- Experience with data and process enhancement tools such as UiPath, Alteryx, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience/knowledge of general technology and productivity tools, tax technology applications, and business applications
Benefits & Selling Points:
- Hybrid (opportunities for more flexibility over time)
- Comprehensive benefits
- Work with a growing team and influence key technology decisions and initiatives
- Stable company, long tenured team – people join the company, they like it, and they stay
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.