About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for a Staff Business Systems Analyst. This is a functional role (not an IT position) in the Finance Enterprise Business Systems organization playing a key role working across the various finance functional teams and the IT engineering organization. As an individual contributor, responsibilities include working with the finance teams to set priorities and execute on new enhancements and initiatives required by the business, and to provide end to end process leadership to ensure overall company needs are meet. This position will require strong cross-functional skills, ability to translate business requirements into system requirements, strong change management skills and ability to drive business/system requirements and projects to completion. Within the Finance processes, the primary focus of this position is Billing, Quote to Cash and Revenue Recognition processes. The primary system in scope is WEBS, Oracle BRM and Revstream. Secondary systems in scope include Salesforce, Oracle eBiz AR and GL.
With direction in the form of general business objectives and goals established by the senior leaders of these organizations, this individual will be driving new enhancements and large initiatives that will create solid operational infrastructure and sustainable processes needed to support and scale. They are responsible for understanding complex business and operational issues, and making proposal and recommendations for improvements. The individual in this role must have comprehensive experience of Quote to Cash/Revenue and Accounting processes and Billing and Financial systems, focusing specifically on billing and revenue processes in BRM and Revstream, strong project management skills, and exceptional communication skills. This individual must have good business sense, be an independent thinker, be a driver, a team player and partner, be able to communicate clearly, work effectively with diverse groups, and be skillful with quantitative/qualitative analytical methodologies and tools.
- Business Requirements Document – detailed business and functional requirements, including documentation of end to end business process flows and use cases; this role works directly with the various business and functional stakeholders to understand the business need and document appropriately; understand risk and business impact to make appropriate prioritization and tradeoff recommendations.
- Solution Signoff via Requirements Traceability – work with the system architects and product managers to ensure the solution meets the business requirements; complete requirements traceability document to validate solution with stakeholders; need to communicate solution to stakeholders so they understand how requirements will be met; negotiate any deferrals as needed
- Test Scenario Signoff via Requirements Traceability – work with quality team to ensure all the test scenarios in scope over all requirements and use cases; complete traceability document to validate testing scope with stakeholders.
- Validation of Test Results – this role will review the results of the end to end tests executed by the quality team, to ensure the actual results meets the expected results; work with stakeholders to negotiate any defect deferrals, and ensure they are comfortable the system is performing as designed, prior to providing approval to release to production.
- Training – provide training to the finance stakeholders on the new system capabilities, including end to end business process flows and any required manual processes.
- Change Management and Communication – drive overall change management and communication to finance stakeholders throughout the software lifecycle development process; goal is ‘no surprises’ for our stakeholders.
- Project Management/Project Status – document and communicate status, issues and risks in a timely manner to stakeholders and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Systems, or equivalent experience, with minimum of 5-7 years of functional finance/business systems experience.
- Five to seven years of Billing, Quote to Invoice, Revenue and Accounting
- System implementation experience in an operations environment, with a Subscription SaaS Billing, with experience on requirements documentation, requirements traceability, test scenario documentation, and test results validation.
- Experience on BRM and Revstream preferred.
- Strong “systems / process orientation” with demonstrated analytical thinking, organizational skills and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to raise issues appropriately to the right level
- internally and externally to resolve.
- Ability to influence people and indirectly manage a team of people to ensure the effective execution of complex initiatives.
- Ability to manage complexity well and demonstrated experience managing across functions and businesses to accomplish large scale goals.
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams. Willing to voice their opinion.
- Must be able to understand both business needs and the technologies to implement them.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.