Our client is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant who is responsible to perform specific accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial analysis assignments under the direction of senior staff, supervisor and/or manager.
Salary: $85,000 – $90,000 + Bonus
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Prepares and compiles company and subsidiary disclosure information for external reporting requirements to the SEC and other government or regulatory agencies.
- Performs accounting, financial and regulatory analysis and review.
- Prepares consolidating journal entries and internal financial reports for senior management.
- Collaborates with financial reporting personnel in meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Researches accounting, regulatory, and reporting issues necessary to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and SEC rules and regulations.
- Identifies accounting issues within individual areas of responsibility and assists in developing recommendations to resolve such issues.
- Assists in the maintenance and processing of accounting and financial records of the company.
- Interacts with and provides support for senior management, shareholders, external departments, government agencies, and internal and external auditors.
- Performs others duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certificates/advanced degrees preferred.
- 3+ years experience in public and/or professional accounting.
- Experience with multi-company consolidations and prior SEC reporting preferred.
- Requires understanding of generally accepted accounting principles to determine appropriateness of accounting and reporting treatment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; advanced knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products, SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is also desirable.
- Must be able to effectively interact in a team environment.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets and functions we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.