Our client, an entrepreneurial and successful cannabis products company, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team. This candidate will manage daily accounting tasks including general ledger, cost and inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. With the guidance and mentorship of an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to help “level up” the accounting function and scale by implementing processes and procedures.
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Assist with development and implementation of new processes, procedures and financial reporting.
- Assist with the month end closing process including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare, process, and record customer payments.
- Accounts Payable: Prepare, process, and record vendor invoices and payments to vendors.
- Payroll: Prepare and process weekly payroll for all employees. Input new hires, personnel changes, and terminations into the payroll system. Respond to employee inquiries about payroll related matters.
- Assist with implementing a cost accounting structure including determining product margins. (Will travel occasionally to the manufacturing and distribution plants).
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience including experience assisting with the month-end close process and report generation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and Intuit T-Sheets preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of confidentiality and handling of sensitive information.
Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm that prioritizes long-term relationships through teamwork and client-centric practices. By partnering with Sayva in your career move, you will benefit from the expertise of an experienced team with a strong network of trusted clients. Sayva provides insights into market values, available opportunities, and aligns them with your professional and personal goals. As your trusted advisor, Sayva ensures you are well-prepared for interviews, equipped with the necessary information, and secures a strong offer for your perfect job. With Sayva, the career move process becomes smooth, transparent, and rewarding.