About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Manager who will discover solutions that add value for customers and are viable for their business. In other words, you solve problems worth solving. The ideal candidate has a proven track record delivering winning B2C and B2B2C products, preferably including experience with e-commerce or marketplace products. More importantly, someone that is intellectually curious and motivated by finding solutions to problems. Someone that is obsessed with learning. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a solid background in product management processes, an ownership mentality and strong leadership and communication skills.
- You must be passionate about understanding our customers, showing curiosity about their motivations and empathy for the challenges they face.
- You must practice data-informed decision-making, using site analytics and other business intelligence tools to test hypotheses and answer product questions.
- At all times, you should have a clear understanding of how your customers are using your product, grounded in data.
- You must be able to develop expertise in how all functions of the business perform, including marketing, sales and finance.
- You must be able to build trust among stakeholders throughout the organization.
- You will be expected to become an expert on the industry within our target market, including the competitive landscape and industry trends.
- You will become the recognized product expert within the organization and should be able to effectively demo your product to both external customers and internal stakeholders.
- You will utilize product discovery to tackle risks upfront as much as possible. As such, you must have a strong grasp of multiple product discovery techniques, including prototype testing, journey mapping, framing, opportunity solution trees, etc. You must also know how to apply the right technique to tackle the biggest risks in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Once your product is in market, it is your responsibility to evaluate, improve and refine the product to better serve customers and the business.
- Strong project management and product owner skills are table stakes. You should be familiar with agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
- We are also looking for someone with a passion for their craft. Just as you’re constantly improving your product, we also want you to improve your own product management skills and knowledge.
- You must be a team player, with a proven track record of building strong relationships with engineers and designers.
- You must have the ability to create a shared understanding with the rest of the team throughout the product discovery process. You should encourage collaborative problem solving within your team.
- You must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, gaining their respect and creating open lines of communication.
- You must have the ability to communicate the broader product vision to both team members and stakeholders. In this role, you will act as an evangelist for the product. You must be able to visualize and articulate both the target outcome and the steps to get there.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent education/experience. A background in computer science or design is a bonus.
- Minimum 4 years of product management experience. Familiarity with e-commerce or marketplace products is a bonus.
- Expert-level understanding of Google Analytics is required for this role.
- Experience working with API-based products is a plus.
Enjoy a remote-first work environment. Remote work candidates must live and work in one of the following states: CA, WA, TX, TN, FL or NY.
- Flexible personal time off
- Competitive benefits including 401K (with employer match), PTO, medical, dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.