About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for an effective Senior Manager Financial Reporting (SEC) who will be responsible for annual, quarterly, monthly and ad-hoc financial reports for corporate officers, senior management and external shareholders of the company. This role will also assist with assessment and implementation of internal controls, support the organization's public/investor relations objectives, assist the team with financial due diligence and technical accounting for mergers and acquisitions and asset purchases, as needed, participate in acquisition accounting, including valuations performed for intangible assets and contingent consideration, and participate in the annual goodwill impairment assessment and valuation process.
- Implement new accounting pronouncements, policies, procedures, and disclosures in accordance with GAAP.
- Responsible for SEC filings of Form 10-Q and Form 10-K, including preparation/coordination of footnotes, supporting tie-outs and drafting disclosures and MD&A. Provides support in preparation of other filings, such as Form 8-K and the annual proxy statement.
- Drafts technical accounting memos for complex and/or technical transactions through research of GAAP.
- Recurring accounting close responsibilities may include preparation of the statement of stockholders equity, statement of cash flows, and monthly review and analysis of the Balance Sheet and Statement of Operations.
- Accuracy and maintenance of the stock-based compensation process, including participation in the valuation process.
- Perform the earnings per share calculation, including weighted average shares outstanding.
- Key contact with external auditors and other service providers.
- Support the preparation of non-GAAP financial information and documents to supplement earnings releases.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Perform variance analysis, budget to actual, and other support for financials.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications, including NetSuite and others.
- Collaborate with colleagues and upper management to develop improved processes.
- Coordinate auditor requests and manage through completion.
- Support VP of Finance and CFO with ad hoc reporting and projects.
- Various other tasks as assigned by management,
- Financial Reporting partners with the General Accounting team, VP of Finance, CFO and other departments across the organization to review accounting policies, procedures, provide support for timely accounting closes and ensure compliance with GAAP accounting requirements, SEC regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Role works both as an individual contributor and as a mentor to the organization.
- Special and ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field with 6+ years of related experience, with emphasis in technical accounting/external reporting. CPA a plus.
- Experience with a financial reporting tool, such as Wdesk or ActiveDisclosure, is a plus.
- Requires advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite or other ERP systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications, databases, and reporting tools.
- Ability to meet deadlines and quickly adapt in a changing environment.
- Ability to independently research complex accounting and SEC reporting matters.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact in and encourage a strong team environment.
- Very strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Experience with contract review.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.