We are collaborating with an energy company based in San Diego in searching for a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer who will lead the technical planning and implementation strategies for secure and scalable cloud infrastructure. The role involves creating a roadmap for updating and automating current and future cloud deployments, focusing on risk mitigation, security, and compliance. Additionally, the engineer will drive business process re-engineering to simplify processes, improve customer value, and eliminate inefficiencies. Responsibilities include translating functional requirements into technical designs, staying updated on security trends, and effectively communicating the Cloud Governance strategy to key stakeholders and team members.
$65-85/hour W2 including health/dental/vision benefits, 401k with match, holidays, and sick days. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience. We unable to sponsor or setup a C2C relationship.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert by defining and implementing architecturedesign, as well as supporting the engineering, production integrationsreleasesupgrades and maintenance of Cloud Infrastructure Services and solutions following industry security and framework best practices throughout the system life cycle.
- Drive an automation-first approach when implementing our services and frameworks using infrastructure-as-code technologies like Terraform and Cloud Formation
- Ensures that current Cloud Architecture, design, and solutions protect information resources against unauthorized access and use, inappropriate degrees of access, disclosure, damage andor loss.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality cloud solutions, emphasizing regulatory compliance and operability while optimizing for development velocity and extensibility all with a strong focus on cost optimization
- Works with the broader CyberSecurity, IT, risk and compliance groups to interpret policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensures a working balance in which the Cloud security and process controls benefit and support the business with an effective operating model for the company using a risk management mindset.
- Support and/or facilitate the adoption, training, communication, and education of Cloud capabilities, functions, and standards.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources and stakeholders, to include security personal, IT personnel, vendors, managed service partners, and consultants.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related degree, preferred
- 7-10+ years experience in managing infrastructure hosted both on-prem and in the big three cloud providers
- Technical experience in systems architecture and cloud deployment strategysolutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Solid understanding of integrating cloud workloads with SaaS and on-premises/legacy applications
- Proven experience with centralizing SSO and MFA for all applications with Azure Active Directory
- 5+ years experience managing infrastructure solutions in at least two of the three main cloud service providers (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written in English. To be able to communicate with IT teams and departments, end users and customers
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Collaboration tools including Jira, Atlassian and Azure DevOps.
- Proven focus on cost optimization skills and techniques
- Strong stakeholder management & business partnering skills
- A natural bias for action, a sense of urgency, and a demonstrated ability to work independently in a flexible, fast-changing environment
- A passion for accelerating the energy transition and addressing the climate crisis
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.