About the Opportunity:
Our client’s Finance and Accounting practice is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant (Real Estate) to make an immediate impact with a San Diego-based company.
- Timely complete month-end close procedures and accurately reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts in accordance with US GAAP.
- Analyze and interpret GL data to ensure proper revenue and expense recognition.
- Prepare monthly US property tax revenue and expense accruals, as well as fluctuation and leakage analysis.
- Assess lease classification for global ground leases; Calculate and amortize right of use assets and lease liabilities.
- Record property sales, dispose real estate and related intangible assets, and prepare disposition packet.
- Record property acquisitions, review transaction information and determine purchase price reduction.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for various operating accounts.
- Prepare related 10Q/10K schedules and disclosures.
- Prepare budget vs. actual, actual vs. actual financial variance analysis.
- Review property invoice coding for accuracy.
- Assist in audits and analysis of property-level financials.
- Document accounting procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Real estate/REIT experience
- Clear understanding of US GAAP.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills such as formulas and VLOOKUPs.
- Ability to handle and analyze large quantity of data.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, and efficient to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Salary with potential for an annual cash and restricted stock bonus.
- Hybrid work schedule in San Diego, Phoenix, or Atlanta office with schedule flexibility
- Best-in-class Benefits Package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401K, and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.