About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant (Project Accounting) who will assist in the accounting process to support the company’s LNG business entities. This position’s primary responsibility will be to handle month end close process for LNG projects, which includes: preparing journal entries, reconciling ledger accounts, and assisting in project reporting.
- Performs monthly project accounting transactions.
- Assists in analyses in areas such as project cost reports, project analysis and business forecast for project teams.
- Designs, systematizes, implements, and maintains systems to provide transparency, control, and compliance with company policy, government regulations, and to minimize manual recording effort.
- Assists business unit in preparation of long-term financial plans.
- Interacts with other internal departments to provide accounting support and guidance.
- Prepares audit schedules, researches historical accounting data and provides analytical data to assist internal and external auditors as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5+ years in a comparable accounting role is required.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting principles generally accepted in the U.S.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and internal controls (HFM and MAX experience is a plus).
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to process transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and with moderate guidance from management.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interact and communicate with others, verbally and orally.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
- Very visible group in the company
- Clear promotion path and ability to move to different groups in the company
- Extremely polished team and Management – no turnover
- Extremely stable, growing and marquee company in town
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Pension Plan
- Competitive Compensation with ICP Bonus
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve.