About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who is responsible for supporting dynamic growth across their company and ensuring appropriate accounting within the organization. Must be a self-starter and take full ownership of its areas of responsibility to provide solutions and alternatives. This is a key role within a group that represents the bridge between business leaders, business level finance management, and corporate accounting. This role will be party to the negotiation of new and complex arrangements and, following execution, will assist with ensuring that such arrangements are appropriately accounted for. The ideal candidate should be comfortable researching technical accounting standards, presenting findings, and documenting positions. In addition, this role will apply technical accounting research to ensure that appropriate accounting processes and controls have been put in place. Execution of these objectives will require partnership with a multitude of parties throughout the organization including business development, corporate and business-level finance, corporate tax, etc.
- Responsible for assisting with the analysis and implementation of highly complex projects across all areas of the company ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards. Areas include but are not limited to: consolidation and VIE analysis, revenue recognition, business combinations, intangible assets (and impairment), foreign currency, investments (cost, fair value, equity method, etc.), and others as necessary.
- Stays current in all accounting standards and assists with determining the impact of any changes on the organization.
- Helps ensure the company complies with applicable accounting standards by serving as a key US GAAP expert and development of accounting policies.
- Performs the research of accounting literature and application of technical standards and analysis to complex or non-recurring business issues and transactions.
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects.
- 1-3+ years related experience in accounting/auditing.
- CPA with 1-2+ years with a public accounting firm.
- Strong US GAAP skills
- Technical accounting research and documentation skills
- US government position. US citizenship required
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.