About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for a strong Senior Accountant to join their amazing Accounting team! This role is responsible to a broad scope of responsibilities and work collaboratively with other teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high-growth company based in San Diego.
- Work in a team-based environment to issue timely, accurate, and complete financial statements on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Actively participate in month/quarter-end closing activities which include preparation of monthly journal entries in accordance with the with the close calendar
- Reconcile and analyze assigned general ledger accounts consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies to ensure close timelines are met
- Collaborate cross-functionally to obtain information needed to estimate monthly accruals
- Assist in preparation of complex research and development accruals related to the clinical process, including clinical CRO and clinical site accruals
- Drive the in the preparation of the chemistry, manufacturing, and controls accruals, maintain monthly and quarterly schedules
- Maintain clinical accrual model for various ongoing clinical trials with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Review underlying agreements for clinical CRO and other vendors.
- Prepare comprehensive fluctuation analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assist with the SOX 404 compliance processes and ensure processes and procedures, including providing updates to the Company’s process narratives, policies, and flowcharts.
- Perform and maintain internal controls in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist and provide support for financial statement and tax audits including the preparation of audit schedules and account analysis.
- Take full ownership of areas of responsibility and identify, communicate, and implement process improvement.
- Support implementation of new software projects, including ERP, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required and assist with special projects as needed.
- Review invoices and accruals
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 3 years of industry accounting experience, preferably in a public company environment.
- A strong understanding of U.S. GAAP required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Teams. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required, including pivot tables, v/h/x-lookups, and IF statements.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and an ability to embrace change, multi-task, and meet deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience with systems, including ERP, Automated AP, and close-management, is required. Experience in NetSuite is desirable.
- Experience in the life sciences industry and related pre-clinical and clinical accruals preferred.
- CPA license or license in-process, and prior public accounting experience a plus (Big 4 highly desirable).
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.