About the Opportunity:
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant who is responsible for supporting the day-to-day accounting procedures of the accounting department while reporting directly to the Assistant Controller. The Senior Accountant is expected to develop and apply more advanced accounting concepts and principles to complete both recurring monthly close and reporting requirements along with ad hoc assignments. This role is responsible for supporting the maintenance of the general ledger, B/S, and P&L accounts and periodic financial reporting for areas including, but not limited to: Cash, A/R, Inventory, Fixed Assets, A/P, Tax, and Equity. This opportunity offers the chance to be part of an exciting, rapidly growing biotech company within a professional and fun work environment.
- Prepares and posts month-end close journal entries.
- Prepares and assists with monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists in other month end close responsibilities as assigned.
- Prepares non-routine bank deposits and maintains proper support.
- Assists with the improvement in internal controls related to financial reporting, and other key processes.
- Works with the Controller & Director of Finance & Accounting to ensure all tax deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other accounting/finance and department managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and the like.
- Assists with development and implementation of new procedures and tools to enhance the workflow processes of the department and support the Controller
- Provides backup support for Accounts Payable and Assistant Controller
- Maintains regular interaction with A/P, Payroll, and Finance for detailed analytical and process support.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years Accounting experience required.
- Excel proficiency.
- Experience using ERP Accounting Software Systems.
- Knowledge of SOX accounting as a public company required.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects while being able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures, and instructions of management.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all other staff.
- Ability to function as a team player and perform as a self-starter.
- Background in public accounting and/or internal audit is a plus.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.