About the Opportunity:
Sayva Solutions' Finance and Accounting practice is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to make an immediate impact in a public life sciences company.
- Analyze executed and amended contracts for appropriate accounting treatment to calculate accurate expense recognition and monthly accruals.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to calculate contract and clinical trial accruals.
- Record revenue in accordance with ASC 606 and ASC 808. Partner with Business Development to establish timeline for contracts and milestone billings.
- Responsible for completing monthly close processes, including preparing and posting journal entries and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations, in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and related journal entries for prepaid expenses, ASC 842 leases, debt, equity rollforward, and other accruals
- Assist the SEC Reporting Manager in preparing SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.)
- Perform income statement review to identify any necessary adjustments and provide explanations for significant fluctuations.
- Assist in system implementation projects to streamline processes
- Drive process improvements and implement new methods to simplify monthly close activities while maintaining a strong control environment
- Correspond with external auditors regarding quarterly review and annual audit testing procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field required
- At least 3 years’ public accounting (audit) experience required
- Experience auditing life sciences and biotech companies preferred
- CPA preferred
- Public company experience preferred
- Experience working in a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant control environment preferred
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.