Our leading public San Diego-based client is in search of a Principal Accountant responsible for conducting advanced accounting and related analysis to support the company’s Asset & Supply Optimization entities. Key responsibilities include handling high-level, complex tasks during month-end close activities, such as posting journal entries, managing allocations, reconciling accounts, conducting variance analysis, performing commodity analysis, and contributing to financial reporting.
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Performs a wide spectrum of financial and accounting assignments with minimal technical direction, including but not limited to:
- Performs the month-end close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, commodity analysis and variance analysis
- Collaborates with other professionals within various departments (such as Tax, Business Planning, Financial Reporting, Audit, Front and Middle Office) to ensure accurate financial data is presented across the Company.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation for SOX compliance.
- Initiate action to improve and/or change processes. Implement and support innovative and automated accounting reporting tools and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Energy experience and knowledge of commodities, settlements and derivatives
- Working knowledge of Microsoft AX, Hyperion Financial Management and ETRM (Endur)
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certifications/advanced degrees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field
- 8+ years of public and/or professional accounting or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Strong financial accounting and reporting knowledge and skil
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills and strong attention to details
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance from management.
- Must possess initiative, strong decision-making skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Effectively interact and communicate with others.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.