About the Opportunity:
A pre-IPO tech-forward company seeks an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist / Payroll Manager Consultant to assist them with payroll processing for 500+ employees across multiple states and a few countries as well (international payroll). You will join an existing team of two and would report directly to the Director of Accounting. This position will also assist with building out existing payroll processes and catching up on any backlogged areas within the department.
Duration: 3 to 6 months with possibility of Contract to Hire
- Manage the day-to-day payroll activities and process bi-weekly and off-cycle payroll including bonus and equity related transactions
- Ensure timely filings and maintain compliance with appropriate government authorities in a multi-state US and Intl environment
- Manage and audit year-end payroll activities including preparing W-2’s and various payroll tax filings
- Maintain a complete understanding of all US federal/state wage and hour laws related to payroll including garnishments, benefits, leave of absence, 401k, FSA and taxes
- Establish standard procedures for payroll processing, ensuring strong internal controls and segregation of duties
- Collaborate with the lead accountant to ensure payroll related transactions are reconciled and recorded appropriately in the general ledger timely
- Serve as a subject matter expert to employees and internal partners, resolving issues timely and providing guidance on compliance related issues
- Collaborate closely with HR (including benefits), Legal, Tax and FP&A
Qualifications & Expertise:
- 5-10+ years’ experience in payroll, ideally in mid-sized or larger, and/or publicly companies
- Must have experience processing payroll for 500+ employees in a multistate environment.
- Must have recent experience doing prior quarter adjustments
- Must have ADP experience, ideally with ADP Workforce Now
- CPP preferred but not required
About Sayva: At Sayva Solutions, our consultants are a part of the Sayva team from before a project starts and as we partner together on future opportunities. We provide competitive compensation as well as a robust benefits package that includes employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance with a company contribution, 401k plus a competitive match that vests immediately and paid holidays. We truly value each of our consultants and recognize that both wellness and financial wellness benefits are important in attracting and retaining top talent. During your project, we will always provide frequent updates on the status of your project and have a seamless process to transition you onto future projects. We make significant investments in our consultants by finding opportunities to help them gain new skills and grow their career. Additionally, we like to have fun at Sayva! We hold events and recognition awards just for our consultants. Contact us to become a part of the Sayva team!