Our client is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant who will be reporting to the Director of Fin Reporting and Corp Accounting, this team member is responsible ensuring accuracy and management of all lease payments/reconciliations and landlord relationship management. This team member is also responsible for supporting the financial close, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis on an as-needed basis. This role requires an organized and detail-oriented individual capable of working independently for routine processes.
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Own and manage Landlord and subtenant communications and relationship management.
- Review annual reconciliations (CAM, RE Taxes etc.) for accuracy/lease compliance and process for payment. Experience interpreting lease language or similar contract language review a plus.
- Review statements and invoices from landlords, ensuring accruals or prepayments are correctly calculated and posted in the correct period with the general ledger (NetSuite).
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for rent and landlord/subtenant related balance sheet accounts. Research and analyze variances identified as a result of reconciliation process and report appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinate with our facilities team related to utility payments at our restaurant locations, ensuring any related invoices are properly invoiced to substants and calculated pro-rata when applicable.
- Coordinate with our AP team to ensure landlord vendors properly go through our vender approval process and update in our lease software, Lucernex.
- Prepare sales reporting letters to landlords and process accruals for percentage rent.
- Responsible for coordination with the corporate accounting team to ensure timely and accurate payment of rent and other leasehold expenses.
- Crosstrain as a backup accountant for other area’s including, but not limited to, fixed assets, prepaids and general corporate accounting areas.
- Assist operations and development team with other tasks and/or projects including but not limited to: landlord change in vesting, rent related reporting requirements, deposit/TI Allowance tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 2-4 years of related accounting and/or lease administration experience.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting/financial concepts and techniques.
- Strong PC skills; intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access).
- Familiarity with Netsuite and Lucernex desired. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.