About The Opportunity
We are partnering with a consulting company in Orange County seeking a Labor Compliance Manager. Your role is pivotal in ensuring compliance and fostering growth. Leading key areas such as team management, client relations, and training, you contribute significantly to the company’s success, reputation, and market share. Your leadership is instrumental in upholding excellence, managing escalated cases, and securing the company’s industry standing.
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Identify staffing needs based on project workload, turnover, and organizational gaps.
- Conduct potential new hire interviews and trials as necessary.
- Develop training programs, utilizing various media and industry resources.
- Evaluate completed training sessions and modify programs as needed.
- Collaborate with Team Leads to finalize new hire placements.
- Foster a transition period with regular 1-1 meetings for up to six months.
- Conduct quarterly training summits, focusing on labor compliance oversight.
- Organize and facilitate employee development and training events.
- Update Team Lead responsibilities and assessment criteria.
- Conduct team meetings to review workload, project issues, and goals.
- Collect Team Lead and Employee Self-Evaluations.
- Provide and collect 3-month, 6-month, and 1-year assessments.
- Assist Principal with 1-1 employee evaluations as needed.
- Work with Managing Director and/or Business Development:
- Develop and update recruiting materials.
- Provide website content for recruitment purposes.
- Provide internal/external newsletter content promoting company culture and training events.
- Participate in monthly meetings for onboarding and billing concerns.
- Contribute to training slide deck creation.
- Maintain company Standard Operating Procedures aligned with core values.
- Perform quarterly internal audits on team projects and processes.
- Assist Team Leads with compliance responsibilities.
- Assign work to team members based on ability or interest.
- Conduct monthly Team Lead meetings to discuss workload, goals, and concerns.
- Implement action plans and communicate objectives.
- Act as a liaison between upper management and individual team members.
- Research legislation for states with Prevailing Wage requirements.
- Manage and maintain the LC document database.
- Develop and maintain Labor Compliance Procedure Manuals.
- Oversee writing of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be the primary contact for inquiries from Public Work Authorities.
- Address client questions/concerns and perform audits.
- Research and develop new programs and improvements.
- Advise on compliance matters and review contracts.
- Previous compliance experience and knowledge of public works
- Proven experience managing compliance professionals within a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to interface with executive stakeholders (sales, service development, operations, finance)
- Core understanding of business connections driving service and labor demand
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of management experience in an office setting
- Established Labor Compliance expertise
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong grammatical proficiency for effective written and oral communication
- Contribute to the company blog and external newsletter
- Maintain updates on social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) for compliance programs and services
- Represent at client interviews, meetings, and site visits
- Perform labor compliance tasks for a set percentage of time
- Participate in training seminars and sit on expert panels
- Undertake other duties as required or requested by management
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.