Sayva is collaborating with a leading pharmaceutical company in their search for a Financial Reporting Manager. This key role will report to the Vice President of Finance and will be entrusted with overseeing all aspects of external reporting in high visibility of Senior Management. Additionally, the position will be involved with technical accounting, ensuring compliance with current and forthcoming accounting standards, as well as the establishment of internal controls around the financial reporting function. Prior experience with Workiva or similar software is a valuable asset for this role.
Salary: Up to $160,000 + Bonus
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Implement a financial reporting tool (Workiva, or other reporting tool).
- Responsible for preparation, accuracy, and timely filing of all financial and regulatory reporting.
- Work with all internal stakeholders, including accounting, legal, tax, and FP&A.
- Responsible for the creation of a strong control environment around the financial reporting function.
- Lead the technical accounting function, to ensure compliance with applicable GAAP and other reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accounting for share-based Compensation (ASC 718), Fair Value Measurement (ASC 820), and other complex accounting matters as applicable.
- Research all technical accounting issues and lead the preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Direct successful implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Direct internal control design and implementation for the company, including continuous improvement of the processes and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Collaborate with third-party consultants to identify control gaps and take actions to remediate gaps.
- Provide strong central oversight to guarantee consistency and quality in compliance work across all functions and geographies.
- Coordinate with and manage outsourced internal audit function.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, preferably with public accounting firm experience, and in biotechnology or technology industry
- Experience with public companies
- Thorough working knowledge of US GAAP
- Clear understanding of internal controls framework
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify issues and proactively drive resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.