About the Opportunity:
We are partnering with a medical device company based in Carlsbad seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to be an integral part of their Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis function. The right candidate will support financial planning, analysis, and reporting activities with an initial emphasis on the business P&L along with automation and process improvement goals. The position reports to the FP&A Manager.
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Financial Analysis• Plan and report operating expenses by partnering with specific functional VPs – e.g. Clinical, R&D, G&A and Sales.
• Responsible for maintaining headcount and operating expense data in the detailed Long-Range Plan, annual operating plans, monthly/ quarterly forecasts, and management reports in our financial planning system.
• Support specific ad hoc financial analysis related to several strategic corporate initiatives.
• Own specific FP&A process improvement goals – e.g. wider implementation of project codes, project reporting, clinical activity models, CAPEX planning, etc.
General Accounting and Monthly Close• Support the departments and accounting on analyzing the month-end accruals
• Create monthly management reports for all functional groups with variance analysis and drive necessary action plans
Business Partnership• Key member supporting senior leaders at VP level of specific functions such as Sales, Marketing and R&D
• Ability to work well cross-functionally with all departments including accounting, sales operations, and customer service
• Continuously learn the business and connect financials to business and functional goals. Develop credibility with business partners
Other Responsibilities• Continuous improvement to document and optimize financial and other business processes
• Gain expertise with the Financial Planning system to maintain accuracy, data loads and uptime
• Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and other medical device industry regulations
Qualifications:• Strong analytical skills, curiosity, and adaptability
• Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent organization and communication skills
• User experience with Systems and tools – ERP (preferably NetSuite), Planning systems (preferably Adaptive), Productivity tools (Power BI, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
• Accounting and financial management background
• 2+ years of work experience in Financial analysis
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Finance – MBA and/or CPA are a plus
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.