Are you looking to put your knowledge of government contracts and audits to use in a modern, high growth environment? As the Director of Government Accounting & Compliance, you would lead a team of Managers, Analyst and Accountants in providing advisory on government compliance, rate structuring, and cost allocation to a variety of departments and business leaders in the company. This is an excellent opportunity to get broad exposure to all the company’s business leaders and serve as a subject matter expert and advisor for all matters related to government accounting and compliance.
Salary: $200,000 – $240,000
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Ensure accounting compliance with CAS, FAR, and GAAP compliance across the organization and its variety of programs and business units.
- Collaborate with external audit firms from the DCAA, DCMA, and other government entities on audits and lead corrective actions as needed.
- Serve as subject matter expert on all government accounting regulations; Share updates to accounting guidance and provide advisory to department leaders as needed.
- Partner cross-functionally with teams such as Contracts, Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Leads, etc.
- Lead submission of regulatory accounting items in a timely manner.
- Lead and review accounting month and year end close processes and deliverables.
- Provide analytical advisory on rate structuring and cost allocations. Ensures allocation of costs to the correct P&L line items and business segments, and that cost allocation is in compliance with DOD contracts.
- Develop, track, and report on various metrics; Resolve issues and look for ways to make improvements in policies, processes and compliance as needed.
- Lead a team of government accounting professionals including two managers and several Staff And Senior Accountants and Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related
- Big 4 or other public accounting experience
- 10+ years experience in government accounting; 5+ years supervising and managing a team.
- Expert in CAS, FAR, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience negotiating FAR / CAS issues with government agencies
- Intermediate to advanced skills in platforms like Alteryx, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- ERP system experience a must (ideally Oracle or SAP)
- US Citizenship required
Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients but expertise in the markets and functions we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.