Our client is looking for a Director of Data Analytics who will be responsible for supporting the company’s leadership, product, sales, operations, supply chain and marketing teams with insights that drive business results gained from analyzing company data. Also, business and analytical skills will be applied to translate business metrics and data sets into trends and actionable information for management as well as responsible for discovering insights hidden in large data sets that identify an opportunity for competitive advantage and developing those insights into actionable business strategies that improve company sales and profitability.
Salary: $150-175k base + 25% bonus (company plus individual performance) + benefits
Location: San Diego (hybrid onsite 2-3 days a week)
- Partner with internal customers and executive leaders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions. Work closely with the different functional teams to gather requirements, design and build analytics / BI and implement business solutions as well as monitor outcomes.
- Solve challenging analytical problems, which requires working with large and complex data sets and performing exploratory and targeted data analyses along with statistical modeling to identify patterns and trends in data sets to use towards developing actionable insights to guide data-driven decision making.
- Allocate analytical resources to company's largest business initiatives and senior management’s most pressing needs.
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of strategies and initiatives by applying analytical techniques as well as ROI calculations.
- Design and build business dashboards in Power BI; deploy to the business and provide the necessary training.
- Foster an environment of self-service BI in the business; building analytical solutions to assist the business get to answers faster by leveraging data.
- Partner with the IT department in the continued development of the EDW.
- Report on analytics findings to senior leadership to inform key business decisions and translate data analytics outcomes into clear visualizations understandable by the business.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a high performing collaborative team of data analytics professionals.
- Work alongside database engineers to translate business requirements into database specifications.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of data analytics and BI experience in consumer products environment including regular interaction with high-level executives. Management experience is required.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and an ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast-paced company.
- Talent in analytical storytelling with extraordinary ability to convey complex analytical results to the business; skill at building relationships across the organization and becoming a trusted, sought-after partner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and must be comfortable presenting in front of the executive leadership team on a regular basis.
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Candidate should have advanced experience using the following: Power BI, Alteryx, database query languages (Sql), R and Python.
- Candidate should have knowledge of Tableau, machine learning techniques (clustering, decision trees, Random Forest, Boosting, XGBoost, etc.), advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, statistical tests, hypothesis testing).
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or another quantitative field is required. A master’s degree with emphasis in data science or business analytics is preferred.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets and functions we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.