Cost Accounting Senior Manager
We are looking for a Senior Manager in Cost Accounting and site controllership for our client who will be an integral member of their quickly growing and developing Global Operations Finance team with high visibility to their executive leadership! This group is responsible for providing actionable intelligence to executive leadership to drive the global growth and efficiency of the company.
In this role as Senior Manager, you will help develop, interpret, track, and implement financial concepts across cost accounting and FP&A. This includes performing technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Owning day- to-day management and oversight of our global controls framework and site manufacturing metrics. We are looking for a dedicated, cost accountant minded, individual to help drive forward process improvements and analytics in our client’s Global Operations Finance team!
Salary: $150,000 – $170,000 + Bonus
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Financial Owner of the manufacturing site who will be responsible for clear and concise financial results, partnering with the site director for accurate metrics and presentations out to leadership
- Leads a team supporting cost accounting analytics, forecasting, budgeting, and monthly reviews of KPI’s and metrics
- Develops team members on accounting skills, reporting capabilities and career development
- Supports monthly KPI report outs to executive level leaders including highlighting focus areas for their business partners and opportunities for improvement
- Drives process improvements and cross functional projects within the company
- Helps provide actionable intelligence to leaders for improvements and project recommendations
- Owns cost accounting activities including scrap reconciliations, standard costing process, manufacturing variances, routing creations, deep dives and reviews
- Partner with San Diego site controller for cohesive reporting, metrics and explanations
- Ability to learn how to work within Hyperion/SmartView, Apex Reporting, Tableau, Oracle FCCS (forms, inputs, queries), Oracle EBS
- Deep understanding of general accounting principles (accruals, prepaids, audit requirements) and SOX control experience
- Curiosity and drive to always continue learning within the cost accounting realm and execute on process improvements
- Professional courage to work with executive level leadership and own the financial strategy and results
- Good communication skills and comfortable working with upper levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field of study, MBA or CPA preferrable
- Experience of 7+ years in Cost Accounting support, and prior experience leading small teams desirable
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications especially in Excel and Power Points (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, filters).
- Technical ability to work with large data sets from multiple systems and make good business judgment when necessary
- Good communication skills and comfortable working with Globally based employees at differing levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Deep understanding of general accounting principles & essential financial reporting for P&L and balance sheet (accruals, prepaids, capital expenditures)
- Strong work ethic with a collaborative attitude and confident written and verbal communicator
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines while delivering consistent, accurate and reliable work
- Working knowledge of Hyperion and Oracle
- Industry experience in medical device
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.