We are collaborating with a financial services company in San Diego looking to add a Staff Accountant II to their team! The Corporate Staff Accountant II assumes a vital role within the organization, engaging in various activities related to the company’s Accounting functions. Operating under general supervision, the role is chiefly accountable for executing corporate accounting processes and delivering additional accounting and finance support to the Finance department.
Salary: Up to $75,000
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Process recurring and one-time monthly close tasks, including journal entries and reporting for corporate departments.
- Manage areas such as reserves, mortgage servicing rights, loans in foreclosure/REO, intercompany accounts, and company benefits.
- Address accounting inquiries from department heads, conducting variance analyses and making adjusting entries.
- Prepare and assist with tax-related duties, ensuring compliance with state-specific tax requirements.
- Provide accounting information for regulatory compliance.
- Assist in various audits, including annual financial audit and state/Internal Audit exams.
- Collaborate with Accounting Manager on month-end close processes and reporting.
- Process loan-level transactions, ensuring accuracy in the i5 system and General Ledger.
- Support Accounting Manager in maintaining current and accurate accounting policies.
- Identify areas for process improvements, efficiencies, and internal controls.
- Assist in training and answering questions for less experienced Staff Accountants.
- Prepare miscellaneous reporting for management.
- Perform other assigned duties to contribute to departmental efficiency.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, encompassing prepaid, accruals, income statement accounts, balance sheet accounts, intercompany accounts, consolidation, reconciliations, and general ledger.
- Preferred experience in the mortgage industry, sales compensation, Loan Vision software.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, including pivot tables and V-Lookups.
- Ability to read and interpret compensation contracts.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong time management, organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines effectively.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to propose effective solutions to problems.
- High level of integrity and commitment to ethical behavior.
Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm that prioritizes long-term relationships through teamwork and client-centric practices. By partnering with Sayva in your career move, you will benefit from the expertise of an experienced team with a strong network of trusted clients. Sayva provides insights into market values, available opportunities, and aligns them with your professional and personal goals. As your trusted advisor, Sayva ensures you are well-prepared for interviews, equipped with the necessary information, and secures a strong offer for your perfect job. With Sayva, the career move process becomes smooth, transparent, and rewarding.