About the Opportunity:
Sayva Solutions' finance and accounting practice is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Controller to make an immediate impact. You will be a key contributor and will be joining a high performing team in a stable, public company.
- Oversee manufacturing accounting functions for our US and Mexico facilities, including monthly reporting of plant activities, variance analysis, standard costing of products, and inventory reporting and analysis
- Manage General Accounting for the US Company and will coordinate it for all global entities. As part of this duty, you will ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to our Corporate Headquarters and prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with USGAAP and Masco Policy
- Ensure team is growing and developing to meet the changing demands of the business environment. As a key leader within the organization, you will be responsible for attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining a diverse, high performing team.
- Serve as a Continuous Improvement role model and will advocate for change to improve our operations and practices
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operations information to the CFO and other constituents and will make feasible recommendations on both strategic initiatives and operations to help smoothly run and grow the company. Someone who knows when to dive deep and when to stay high and is able to manage both the details and big picture as necessary
- Incharge with cash management activities and achieving the Company’s working capital goals/metrics. You will also direct the Credit Management function to maximize dealer credit while minimizing defaults
- Oversee the payroll reporting for our U.S. and Mexico operations and will coordinate with People Services in the U.S. and Mexico to implement improvements and monitor compliance with payroll law and Watkins/Masco policy
- Manage Capital Assets, including CIP project tracking, payback analysis, tax reporting, and periodic physical inventories, and will direct the Year-End Tax Compliance reporting for all global entities
- Continually assess processes within the Accounting group to ensure minimal risk of financial error. Areas of focus will include insurance, warranty, and corporate credit cards
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting, Finance, or Business from a four-year college or university; 10-15 years related experience and/or training; minimum of 3-5 years in a senior management role
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Intimate understanding of manufacturing operations; Strong knowledge of and practical application of US GAAP and internal controls
- CPA or MBA preferred; Strong analytical skills including financial modeling; Solid experience with IT systems implementation and continuous improvement
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. Must be able to prepare reports, employee performance reviews, worksheets, charts, schedules, procedures, and other data as necessary
- ERP system experience is required
- Ability to present to a group of co-workers, supervisors, managers, or higher-level executives
- Willingness and ability to travel to our Tijuana, Mexico facilities (5-10%) and other company locations (<5%)
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.