About the Opportunity: A well respected San Diego healthcare industry organization is looking to bring on a Business Data Analyst on a contract to hire basis. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data analytics and an excellent track record of analyzing and manipulating data to provide tangible insights. This is a high-profile position that will be interacting with and presenting findings to top level management, outstanding communication is a must. This is a great chance to join an industry leader and contribute to their long-term success.
- Contract to hire, located in San Diego, LA, or OC (vast majority of the work will be remote)
Salary: $45 – $55/hr DOE
- Provide in depth data analysis and communicate findings clearly to management
- Produce actionable data reporting using SQL & Tableau to contribute to business decision making
- Work closely with stakeholders across multiple divisions to determine reporting and data analytics needs
- Present business relevant findings to executive team on a monthly and ad hoc basis to facilitate ongoing business strategy
- Must have the ability to analyze data and be willing to present and clearly communicate finding to the executive team.
- Strong SQL skills including stored procedures, SSRS, T-SQL
- Experience with reporting tools such as SSRS and/or Tableau
- Experience with Looker and/or Snowflake – nice to have (ability to learn in the role)
- Health plan and/or health insurance industry experience including working knowledge of procedure, diagnostic, and revenue coding (e.g., HCPCS, CRVS, RBRVS, RVS, ICD-10, etc.) and medical terminology also a plus.
- Ability to effectively participate in various activities and to interact with other departments and staff effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to meet rapidly changing deadlines
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions quickly and efficiently, possesses a good attitude about operational or functional change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills