A publicly traded, revenue generating biotechnology firm is seeking a new Assistant Controller to add to their existing team. Reporting directly to the VP, Controller, you will be in charge of the company’s month end close process with emphases on revenue accounting, cost and inventory accounting, and accounts payable. You will have a top quality, ex-Big 4 team of mentors and peers surrounding and supporting you as you help scale the company’s processes and develop the existing team.
Salary: $165,000 – $215,000 + bonus and equity
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Oversee the corporate month end close process as primary reviewer with a focus on inventory, fixed assets, revenue and accounts payable.
- Support annual financial audits and SOX compliance assessments
- Support the Director of SEC reporting by compiling and providing the appropriate schedules.
- Assist in SEC reporting to support quarterly reviews and annual financial audits and SEC filings as well as SOX compliance assessments.
- Recommend process improvements and opportunities strengthen internal controls.
- Support company budgeting activities by providing data and analysis to the FP&A team.
- Lead a team of 2 direct reports (manager level) and three indirect reports including performance management and staff development.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar required
- Experience leading month end close in a public company environment required
- Cost accounting and inventory accounting experience
- Team leadership experience including hiring, developing and performance management
- Experience in a similar industry such as medical device, life sciences, or high-tech industries strongly preferred
- Big 4 or national public accounting firm experience preferred
- CPA preferred
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, technology, and human resources professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.