About the Opportunity:
Our client, a premier energy infrastructure company, is looking for an Accounting Supervisor who will supervise the accounting and financial reporting functions for their company. This includes monitoring of monthly closing tasks, journal entry review, analytical review, general ledger account reconciliations and analysis, intercompany billings, special projects and data requests.
- Supervise the monthly closing cycle and the preparation of financial reports pertaining to the company’s past, current and forecasted financial performance for presentation to top management.
- Supervise the accounting for the company and Texas companies.
- Supervise the accurate preparation and timely completion of the Cash Flow statement.
- Supervise the accurate preparation and timely completion of the financial statements, including the Income Statement, and Balance Sheet pertaining to the company’s.
- Participate in hiring and promoting subordinate employees; train subordinates; assign, direct and review their work; and comply with Company affirmative action programs to achieve equal employment opportunity objectives.
- Perform the interpretation and analysis of new accounting principles and regulatory decisions to assess the company’s financial impact and the implementation of accounting related changes to ensure compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA, CIA, CFA, CFM) preferred.
- 8+ years previous experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Previous experience using SAP or Oracle Hyperion (HFM).
- Lead or supervisory accounting experience preferred.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
- Must also have a working knowledge of advanced accounting and financial theory with strong Cash Flow preparation experience.
Excellent Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- ICP bonus
- Pension Plan
- 401K with match
- Hybrid position: 2 days on-site in San Diego
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve.