Senior Accountant, Clinical Trials
Category: Accounting & Finance
About the Opportunity: A biotechnology research company is looking for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for key aspects of the monthly and quarterly financial statement close process related to the clinical trial accrual process. This company is offering a lot and great growth opportunities.
- Responsible for obtaining and validating financial information to ensure that financial data is complete and accurate, including collecting and analyzing data required for the clinical trial accruals.
- Prepares complex analyses, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Supports the clinical trial payment process by acting as an accounting reviewer for all clinical research organization billings.
- Works closely with the Finance team to provide analyses that will drive specific business objectives and strategies.
- Supports process improvements related to the clinical trial accruals, including elimination of redundancy, ad-hoc projects, implementation of systems and other duties assigned to help scale with company growth.
- Plays an integral role in ensuring that day-to-day internal controls for areas of responsibility are operating as designed. Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of formalized control procedures surrounding areas of responsibility.
- Supports quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
- Prepare audit deliverables and interacts regularly with internal and external auditors.
- Stays current on technical accounting guidance, performs research and analysis on current, new, or pending technical guidance as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 4+ years of experience
- 1-2 years of experience at a Public Company or Public Accounting Firm preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Dynamics 365 experience a plus
- Goal orientated and self-motivated; ability to work efficiently and productively in an intense, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; willingness to accept responsibility for projects/processes
- Comfortable in an interrogative environment; embraces collaboration and open debate to manage projects, solve problems and discuss challenging issues
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task are essential
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.