Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: We have several Assistant Controller positions open at all times! We work with a variety of clients in the San Diego area – from startup to global enterprise across several industries. Since inception, we have partnered with over 350 companies with over 1500 placements. If you are either considering a move from public accounting or looking to enhance your corporate accounting experience please reach out and we’d be happy to discuss all the opportunities that fit your goals and interests.
- Provide hands on, day-to-day accounting leadership of transactions, policies, controls, and procedures for the business unit
- Ensure accurate and complete financial records and reporting, in compliance with legal requirements and US GAAP standards.
- Manages independent financial statement audit
- Work closely with 3rd party service providers including business valuation, tax preparation, and payroll
- Research, interpret, document and implement accounting guidance associated with various accounting issues
- Develop key performance metrics and tracks performance over time
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates adoption of the practices into the organization.
- Assist with budgeting/forecasting, third party manufacturer, investor due diligence as needed
- Compare performance against operating plan, previous period results, and forecast
- Provide cross-functional management with information, acting as a business partner to facilitate sound business decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA strongly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in both public accounting and corporate accounting required
- Experience managing entire accounting function and supervising staff
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and IFRS ideal
- Proficient Microsoft office skills, ERP experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.