Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: We have several Accounting Manager positions open at all times! We work with a variety of clients in the San Diego area – from startup to global enterprise across several industries. Since inception, we have partnered with over 350 companies with over 1500 placements. If you are either considering a move from public accounting or looking to enhance your corporate accounting experience please reach out and we’d be happy to discuss all the opportunities that fit your goals and interests.
- Provide data for the closing and consolidation of books.
- Evaluate accounting impact of potential transactions or business strategies.
- Work with the Planning and Analysis team to understand the development of the annual operating budget such that variance can be reconciled, analyzed, and explained.
- Ensure that the financial results are communicated to senior management in a concise and efficient manner.
- Manage the Company's external financial statements, including timely and accurate submission of required quarterly and annual F/S, footnotes and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) to banks and owners.
- Review and analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements;
- Research accounting issues and business transactions citing relevant Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) guidance via a formal written memorandum.
- Oversee and complete work on ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from the business related their area of responsibility.
- Assist in continuous process improvement, particularly with the use of Excel or Access.
- Work with team and Sr. Director of Accounting on preparing and reviewing external auditor interim and annual audit schedules.
- Explain complex accounting and business issues to the auditors.
- BA degree in accounting or equivalent required.
- Certified Public Accountant highly preferred
- 5+ years of professional accounting and/or auditing experience.
- Experience with an ERP system and strong excel skills.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.