Director of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Consultant
Category: Accounting & Finance
Menlo Park, California
About the Opportunity: A public Biotech company in San Diego has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Technical Accounting and SEC reporting. Reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer, they are looking for an exceptional accounting leader to join their growing organization. This individual will be a key hire, leaving his/her mark on their team’s culture for years to come.
- Preparation/review of the Company's filings (Forms 10-K and 10-Q, Proxy Statement, other Securities Act filings and press releases, review of XBRL compliance)
- Review all disclosures, checklists, and underlying schedules for accuracy
- Support investor relations in assisting with the preparation of earnings and related matters
- Develop and manage the quarterly reporting calendar
- Maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements in areas of responsibility (evaluate and ensure optimal design of internal controls over financial reporting)
- Manage the Disclosure Committee review process
- Partner with Strategic Finance, business development, management, external auditors/advisors to understand business transactions and perform accounting research related to technical accounting areas and/or proposed transactions (business combinations, investments, leases).
- Ensure appropriate implementation of and compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Lead the revenue recognition function, providing guidance to the commercial team and FP&A on the accounting treatment of revenue contracts and partnership arrangements and ensuring reporting compliance in accordance with ASC 606
- Lead the adoption of new accounting standards, including building detailed implementation plans, engaging stakeholders, defining system change requirements, revising policies and procedures, satisfying auditor requirements and change management with impacted personnel and departments
- Prepare presentations to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting and finance experience, including SEC, technical accounting and revenue recognition experience; minimum of 3 years in management capacity
- Exceptional ability to interpret, apply and document U.S. GAAP to complex business transactions
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and interacting with all levels within an organization as well as with external auditors
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; previous or current SEC disclosure-writing experience required.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.