Controller (Executive Director or VP Level)
Category: Accounting & Finance
About the Opportunity: A large public pharmaceutical company in San Diego is in search of a controller with at least 15 years of advanced experience and a Big 4 public accounting background. This is an opportunity to work at a commercialized and growing company.
- Responsible for planning and directing all areas of accounting, both technical and transactional, including financial reporting, SEC reporting, technical accounting, operational accounting, procure to pay, risk management, internal controls, and financial systems.
- Take ownership of the financial close process, (preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis).
- Oversee implementation of accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, US GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Draft the financial sections of the earnings releases and conference call scripts.
- Prepare materials and present at Audit Committee meetings.
- Collaborate with Financial Planning & Analysis on the preparation of financial reports for internal and external audiences.
- Provide leadership as the main point of contact for external financial service providers, including external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Advanced credentials such as MBA or CPA required
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible accounting and financial reporting experience, with a strong background in driving departmental growth and improvement
- Prior experience as a Controller is preferred
- A combination of “Big Four” public accounting experience and public company experience is preferred
- Deep understanding of biotechnology, including commercial operations, is strongly preferred
- Substantive experience in revenue accounting, technical accounting and financial close and reporting
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.