Senior Accountant - Lease Accounting
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Senior Accountant – Lease Accounting
About the Opportunity: A public technology company is looking to hire a Senior Lease Accountant to join their expanding accounting organization in San Diego. With a few recent acquisitions, they need assistance handling ASC 842 and all aspects of accounting around leases. The client offers competitive and health benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fun, and collaborative work environment that does not sacrifice your work-life balance and growth potential.
- Reviewing contracts and statements of work for performance obligations/elements and assigning the appropriate accounting conclusion and operational attributes necessary to support accurate financial statement classification.
- Working closely with finance partners, business partners and internal/external auditors on accounting matters.
- Staying up to date on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy.
- Assisting with month and quarter-end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department.
- Preparing journal entries and maintaining account reconciliations.
- Establishing/performing controls necessary to ensure that purchasing financial statement classifications are compliant with GAAP.
- Preparing schedules requested by internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience (Public Accounting experience CPA/MBA preferred)
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12, CoStar, and reporting platforms such as Qliksense & Business Objects
- Strong PC, worksheet (excel, google sheets) and word processing skills
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.