Cost Accounting Consultant
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Cost Accounting Consultant
About the Opportunity: A San Diego based company is seeking a Cost Accounting Consultant for an immediate project. This position will be responsible for the cost accountant function including accounting, month-end close, and inventory accounting.
Duration: This project starts ASAP and will run 2 months at a minimum. There is opportunity for contract to hire. 100% remote
- Perform monthly close procedures and full-cycle cost accounting duties including preparation of journal entries and accruals to prepare financial statements
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs
- Reconcile inventory balances monthly and prepare monthly reporting on inventory flux analysis
- Inventory analysis to include development of cost models, standard cost updates, variance analysis, movement trends and financial reporting
- Update cost models as needed
- Work cross-functionally and communicate with executive management
- Perform ad hoc projects and analyses as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, required
- CPA, CMA, MBA or other professional certification a plus
- 4+ years cost accounting experience, required
- Industry experience with medical device or biotech/pharmaceutical, ideal
- Experience with NetSuite and strong Excel, required
- Excellent ability to work independently and take ownership in work
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is proactive with their efforts
About Sayva: At Sayva Solutions, our consultants are a part of the Sayva team from before a project starts and as we partner together on future opportunities. We provide competitive compensation as well as a robust benefits package that includes employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance with a company contribution, 401k plus a competitive match that vests immediately and paid holidays. We truly value each of our consultants and recognize that both wellness and financial wellness benefits are important in attracting and retaining top talent. During your project, we will always provide frequent updates on the status of your project and have a seamless process to transition you onto future projects. We make significant investments in our consultants by finding opportunities to help them gain new skills and grow their career. Additionally, we like to have fun at Sayva! We hold events and recognition awards just for our consultants. Contact us to become a part of the Sayva team!
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.