Senior Accountant, Payroll
Category: Accounting & Finance
Senior Payroll Accountant
About the Opportunity: A leading essential facilities service company is hiring for a Senior Payroll Accountant to be based in Oceanside, CA. This role is highly visible and will be working with the Human Resources Team. The company continues to grow exponentially and investing in infrastructure. You will be supporting the firm’s month end close and balance sheet reconciliations with central focus on payroll related accounts.
- Record payroll journal entries to the general ledger.
- Register entities in all proper payroll related tax jurisdictions.
- Ensure payroll processes in compliance with SOX internal controls.
- Furnish all technical aspects of accounting, providing, and recommending solutions to streamline existing processes, create and update standard operating procedures.
- Complete external data inquiries as requested, including, but not limited to, senior management, parent company and external auditors.
- Work collaboratively and act as mentor to other accounting team members.
- Maintain efforts to improve and implement ERP transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required. CPA License is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of work relevant work experience in accounting. Payroll process and procedure experience is ideal.
- Proficient in ERP or related system is highly desirable.
- Self-starter and critical thinker.
- Expert in MS Office Suite.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.