Category: Accounting & Finance
About the Opportunity: A biotechnology company is seeking a Staff Accountant to be part of their growing team in Carlsbad, CA. The client assures that path to promotion is not based on vacancy, but on your goals, merits and focus to work on the next level. The role supports daily financial operations and month end close process.
- Responsible for the financial statement close process, including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Prepare complex analyses, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for acquiring and validating financial information to ensure that financial data is complete and accurate.
- Assist in quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables.
- Support process improvements, ad-hoc projects, implementation of systems and other duties as assigned to help scale with company growth.
- Prepare audit deliverables and deals regularly with internal and external auditors.
- Stay current on technical accounting guidance and as requested may perform research and analysis on current, new, or pending technical guidance as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related discipline.
- CPA or MBA designation is desirable.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.