Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
About the Opportunity: A San Diego-based information technology services provider is seeking a Manager for SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting. This newly created position will ensure timely and accurate filing of all financial reports with the securities & exchange commission, and make sure financial reporting processes and systems are in accordance with GAAP. This is an excellent opportunity with lots of potential to learn and grow.
- Prepare and analyze all SEC filings including annual reports, quarterly reports, and current reports.
- Primary technical accounting resource including monitoring significant new pronouncements by SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulatory bodies.
- Furnish calculations for equity-based compensation accounting and expenses.
- Render analytical and operational support in response to queries from the SEC and other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and advice to other departments in response to questions or problems relating to accounting treatment of certain issues, as necessary
- Assist in maintaining internal control matrices in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Identify and deliver process improvements and automation to continuously enhance the quality, efficiency, and accuracy of the reporting processes.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA License are required.
- Experience in preparation of SEC forms 10Q, 10K and XBRL.
- At least 5 years of experience in public accounting, ideally with Big 4, and industry with direct SEC financial reporting experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite especially MS Excel including SEC reporting software or related system.
- Combination of education and experience will be considered.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.