Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager
About the Opportunity: A San Diego-based technology company is presently looking for a Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager to join growing and promising team. This job plays a pivotal role in the accounting research, documentation, and accomplishment of new accounting policies in a high growth startup environment. This role will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Work closely with the Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis teams to furnish timely and accurate completion of all monthly, quarterly and yearly close process.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly, internal and external, financial reporting, including all financial statements, disclosures and supporting analysis and schedules on a prompt, accurate and compliant manner.
- In charge for technical accounting review of significant third-party contracts
- Monitor, process, track and evaluate technical accounting treatment and draft technical accounting memos for all significant and complex accounting transactions.
- Manage revenue recognition, warranty, leases, and other accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity for appropriate accounting classification.
- Lead annual audit process, work directly with external auditors on audit requests to ensure audit is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be the go-to person for all relevant accounting and audit customary, conduct training and work with various department heads in the organization to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards and internal controls.
- Support management in completing special projects, such as process improvement, financial systems and controls implementation opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, at least 5 years of public accounting experience (audit) and CPA certification are requisites.
- Outstanding knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations are a must.
- Impeccable level of integrity and work ethics.
- NetSuite or any related systems is highly preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Table etc.
- Excellent problem and research skills on complex accounting issues.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.