Internal Controls Manager
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Internal Controls Manager
About the Opportunity: A venture capital-backed technology company is seeking an Internal Controls Manager to join their prospering team in San Diego. This job plays a key role in the finance team for developing and implementing internal control structure.
- Formulate, implement, and track Company’s internal control framework.
- Assist business process owners to develop and maintain efficient and effective controls across the organization.
- Lead internal controls assessments, gauge business and technology risks, identify mitigation controls and opportunities to improve control environment.
- Create and standardize control documentation including process narratives, process flowcharts, and risk and controls matrices to evaluate both financial reporting and information technology controls.
- Report on the internal control framework, control implementation, and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business process owners, senior leadership, stakeholders, and the audit committee.
- Conduct periodic meetings and walkthroughs with process owners to validate any process changes, update process narratives and assess for control gaps.
- Guide business and process owners of necessary training to bring the Company, departments, and staff up to speed on compliance standards. Work with management and Human Resources to prepare sufficient training and education material on the internal control parameters, approach, and methodology to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
- Assist finance, accounting, human resources, IT, security, privacy, legal, and other critical business functions to update policy manuals and related documentation compliance by staff involved.
- Stay up to date on changes in generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory guidance, industry best practices, areas of focus/hot topics for external audits, as well as other changes that may impact the value of internal control policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA or CIA designation is required.
- At least 7 years of combined IT/ financial audit, SEC, SOX 404 experience, and a foundation in public accounting strongly preferred.
- Prior NetSuite or any related systems or related, is highly preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Table etc.
- Excellent problem and research skills on complex accounting issues.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, a requisite.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.