Accounts Payable Manager
Category: Accounting & Finance
Santa Monica, California
Accounts Payable Manager
About the Opportunity: A soon-to-be listed, cancer treatment pioneering biotechnology company is currently looking for a highly motivated Accounts Payable Manager, to work in their expanding office in Southern California. This growing start-up believes in work/life balance, aside from a lucrative compensation and benefits package (as well as relocation package for the right candidate). The AP Manager will be tasked with ensuring that the accounting and accounts payable processes are furnished in a timely, productive and efficient manner. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead Accounts Payable department to ensure payments are accurate and resolve. As well as forecasting of recurring cash and vendor payments.
- Control check runs, including outgoing wires, ACH transfers and book transfers.
- Supervise employee expense reimbursements and manage and look after the expense reporting tool.
- Month end close procedures including balancing AP aging, reconcile AP account, and book journal entries.
- Support the accounting team with the yearly audit of company financials.
- Develop, track and enforce compliance for all employees involved in the accounts payable process with respect to standard policies and procedures.
- Monitor purchase orders and resolve any PO discrepancies.
- Develop AP internal controls, and Sales & Use Tax Filing for California purposes.
- Experience managing a high-volume accounts payable is required.
- Experience in a pre-revenue life sciences company is a must.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Table etc.
- Superb ability to quickly learn new ERP Systems, experience with ERP is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field is preferred.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.