Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A global technology platform services provider, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their blooming assurance, operations and controllership team. The job entails application of revenue recognition postulates via revenue accounting and reporting to the Senior Director of Revenue Recognition. The role will be in San Diego, CA and the company is offering a hybrid remote/ in office schedule.
- In charge of applying, enforcing and executing the firm’s revenue recognition policy as it associates to the performance of revenue accounting
- Applies professional skepticism and an inquisitive approach to review and analyze the appropriateness and reasonableness of underlying accounting principles that support revenue recognition.
- Capacity to clearly articulate results, variances and demonstrate an understanding of root cause to management.
- Deal closely with business unit partners, revenue recognition leads and internal/external auditors on accounting matters relating to revenue accounting.
- Comfortable working with cross functional team in order to understand company offerings and implement accounting models that properly recognize revenue according to accounting principles and company policy.
- Stay updated on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies and incorporating into current Company policy as necessary.
- Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient & accurate recording and proper classification of revenue.
- Engage in systems upgrades and enhancements as necessary
- Participate in the month- and quarter- end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department.
- Furnish journals entries and maintain account reconciliations consistent with US GAAP and corporate accounting policies to ensure close timelines are met.
- Establish controls necessary to ensure that revenue forecasts, deferred revenue balances and revenue accounting execution are compliant with Intuit company policy and US GAAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 4 years of public accounting exposure, preferred. CPA or an MBA is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP gained from public and industry accounting experience is highly south-after.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s).
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Seibel related systems a plus.
- Strong computer, analytical and problem-solving skills. Outstanding research and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise to manage complex and high demanding multi-function and multi-unit business landscape.
- Competence in interacting, communicating and directing with multi-faceted organization.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.