Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A Nasdaq-listed technology company is seeking for a Staff Accountant to join their expanding team. The role involves application of revenue recognition postulates via revenue accounting and related tasks. The organization offers collaborative environment, internal growth and visibility to various platforms being offered in the industry. The job will be based in San Diego, CA and the company is offering a hybrid remote/ in office schedule.
- In charge of preparing J/E and maintain account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP, as well as corporate accounting procedures to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitor, process and track accounting entries.
- Continually assess and design desk procedures and process workflows to maximize internal controls and efficiency.
- Implement professional skepticism and an inquisitive approach to review and analyze the appropriateness and reasonableness of underlying support and documentation.
- Ability articulate results, variances and demonstrate an understanding of root cause to stakeholders.
- Simplify systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient and accurate recording and proper identification of revenue.
- Participate in the month and quarter end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department.
- Furnish and maintain reports/schedules for senior management, prepare schedules requested by internal and external auditors.
- Strongly assess risk over accounts and areas of responsibility. Apply judgment to guarantee that financial integrity of accounting entries, accruals, and account reconciliations are solid, properly supported, and operating effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience, ideally. Two plus years of accounting experience in a large company, is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP gained from public and industry accounting experience is highly sought-after.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s).
- Working knowledge of Oracle, or equivalent systems a plus.
- Strong computer, analytical and problem-solving skills. Outstanding research and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise and dependability to manage complex problems and high demanding multi-function and multi-unit business landscape.
- Competence in interacting, communicating and directing with multi-faceted organization.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.