Director of FP&A
Category: Accounting & Finance
Santa Monica, California
Director of FP&A
About the Opportunity: A pre-IPO biotechnology company is seeking for a highly motivated and experienced Director for FP&A to work in their growing office in Southern California office. This role will lead financial planning and propel forecasting and budgeting procedures for the firm.
- Develops and oversee the budget for the organization. Manage accruals and support month-end close procedures.
- Provide insightful and actionable monthly/quarterly actual against budget variance analysis.
- Perceive trends, risks, opportunities, and drivers to ensure business delivers against forecast.
- Formulate long-range plans and short-term forecasts with senior leadership that focus on understanding activities and cost drivers.
- Creates high-quality variance and trend analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for budgeting and forecasting.
- Work closely with the leadership team to proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies, accuracy, and process improvements.
- Prepares ad-hoc financial analyses as needed.
- Collaborate with business leaders across segments and represent finance in meetings and on projects.
- 10+ years of finance experience, including 5+ years of FP&A experience in biotechnology and or pharmaceutical, is highly preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite including advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Table etc.
- Highly proficient in key financial systems and reporting software.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in accounting or related field; Master’s or MBA is highly advantageous.
- Super knowledge of US GAAP.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prosper in a fast-paced and complex business environment is highly desirable.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.