Title: Firmware Manager (Hands-On)
About the Opportunity: A client of ours in North County San Diego is looking for a Firmware Manager to join their expanding team. This is an 50/50 hands-on, management opportunity you will lead an internal group of hardware and firmware development professionals and interfacing with key external partners to implement new solutions for growth as well as maintain and/or migrate existing platforms. If you are looking for the next step in your career don’t hesitate to apply below!
- Define, develop, implement hardware and firmware development best practices
- Support Agile team development processes, helping to resolve roadblocks and impediments
- Measure and monitor the quality and progress of the work of the team and adjust accordingly
- Hire, coach, and manage staff as needed
- Provide career development and performance coaching
- Collaborate with peer managers to lead broader organizational initiatives
- Create a team culture that supports open communication, collaboration across teams and across sites, and empowerment to employees
- Demonstrated understanding of real-time embedded systems (C/C++) and experience working in hardware design/feature projects with experiences in various phases in requirements gathering, schematic and PCB layout designs/implementation, test/verification
- Proven leadership skills and track record of mentoring people and advancing the organization
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience in AWS FreeRTOS, AWS IoT is a plus
- Experience in RF technologies (e.g., WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee) is a plus
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.