Technical Revenue Accounting Consultant
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Technical Revenue Recognition Accounting Consultant
About the Opportunity: We are partnering with a growing private company that is seeking a Technical Revenue Recognition Accounting Consultant to support the technical accounting team as the company goes through integral changes and new programs, specifically focusing on ensuring proper revenue recognition. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting research and application for revenue recognition. This project can be done 100% remotely and ideally starts immediately.
Duration: This project starts ASAP and will run 4 months at a minimum
- Research accounting guidance and document conclusions on proper accounting treatment for revenue recognition and deferred revenue
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Apply existing revenue accounting models to new programs, manipulating data and leveraging Excel extensively
- Document processes and procedures
- Support the external audit and year-end reporting
Qualifications & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, other applicable Degree, required
- CPA strongly preferred; Public Accounting experience strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and 5+ years’ experience with a public company including hands-on technical accounting over revenue recognition
- Advanced Excel experience is required including working through large amounts of data
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and communication skills
About Sayva: At Sayva Solutions, our consultants are a part of the Sayva team from before a project starts and as we partner together on future opportunities. We provide competitive compensation as well as a robust benefits package that includes employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance with a company contribution, 401k plus a competitive match that vests immediately and paid holidays. We truly value each of our consultants and recognize that both wellness and financial wellness benefits are important in attracting and retaining top talent. During your project, we will always provide frequent updates on the status of your project and have a seamless process to transition you onto future projects. We make significant investments in our consultants by finding opportunities to help them gain new skills and grow their career. Additionally, we like to have fun at Sayva! We hold events and recognition awards just for our consultants. Contact us to become a part of the Sayva team!
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.