Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
About the Opportunity: A pre-IPO biopharmaceutical company in Sorrento Valley is in search of an Accounting Manager preferably with clinical trial accruals experience. This position provides the opportunity to work in an exciting growth environment, and the ability to make an immediate impact while helping build out the accounting team.
- Ownership of month-end close processes (preparing and posting journal entries, maintaining balance sheet reconciliations).
- Calculate expense recognition for month-end close (clinical trial and other R&D accruals).
- Review contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders regarding costs and activities incurred.
- Lead meetings with project managers to review accrual information for month-end close.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function.
- Prepare monthly actual-to-budget analysis, including monthly projections.
- Ownership of internal control structure (narrative standard operating procedure). documentation and communication of such with employees.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, including BS and P&L flux analysis to support MD&A.
- Assist external auditors regarding quarterly review and annual audit testing procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
- 4+ years of experience
- Public Accounting Firm experience, pharmaceutical client experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP, specifically accrual-based accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.