Revenue Recognition Risk Lead
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Revenue Recognition Risk/QA Revenue Lead
About the Opportunity: A computer software company in San Diego is looking for an Internal Accountant. This position provides the opportunity to work in a stable, collaborative environment and make an immediate impact helping the team.
- Guide the application of relevant revenue recognition accounting literature.
- Research technical details; interpret and present in lay terms to non-technical finance and other business partners.
- Review and analyze the appropriateness and reasonableness of underlying revenue accounting principles.
- Develop a comprehensive validation strategy determining frequency of validation.
- Design validation procedures designed to assess and validate identified risks to determine if offering features/functionality and/or messaging is functioning consistent with representation and recognized revenue.
- Make statements regarding issues identified and works with stakeholders to resolve and remediate issues, with transparency throughout all levels in the organization.
- Ensure applicable systems and processes are meeting their intent with an end-to-end process mindset.
- Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC) and incorporating into current Company policy as necessary.
- Implement and maintain the required process and internal control environment (perform control procedures to ensure compliance with Company policy).
- Develop training and outreach programs and deliver this training to business unit and functional team leaders.
- Ensure the proper accounting treatment for all product and service offerings is clear and appropriately documented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 6+ years of post-graduate experience
- Internal or External Audit experience, preferred experience in revenue recognition
- Background in public accounting or internal audit is required.
- Must have experience planning and executing audit procedures based upon identified risks.
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12, Siebel/BRM and Business Objects a plus.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.