Associate Director, Accounting
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Associate Director, Accounting
About the Opportunity: A growing public biotech company has an Associate Director of Accounting position open. This company plans on continuing to grow through acquisitions over the next several years as well as expansions of the company’s international footprint. The position offers the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with a great team in a high performing industry.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define and execute our overall financial system roadmap.
- Collaborate with relevant functional partners to manage resource requirements for successful project completion.
- Define project milestones, deliverables, and timelines to ensure on-time execution of projects.
- Represent the accounting organization and be a central point of contact for all stakeholders pertaining to the establishment or integration of new entities which require SAP and financial reporting set up.
- Oversee the global management, maintenance and associated policy of general ledger structure and related master data (accounts, company codes, cost centers, cost elements) to produce financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, collaborating with numerous departments.
- Lead the accounting team through enterprise resource planning (ERP) system enhancements.
- Own and approve access to financial systems, ensuring compliance with policies and protection of financial data.
- Develop and implement a strategy and process for communication of changes to financial reporting process and systems.
- Oversee the financial statement validation process, ensuring compliance with GAAP and SOX.
- Lead process improvement and financial system implementation.
- Collaborate effectively and actively with Global Finance teams, GIS, Procurement, and other business partners to identify future state needs and streamlining of systems, processing, data management and reporting, including key metrics dashboards.
- Establish an engaging and effective training program, including setting a cadence, repository, and agenda.
- Serve as primary point of contact from a financial system application perspective.
- Support quarterly Sarbanes Oxley testing of applications and document changes for internal audit teams as well as the annual external audit process.
- Manage a team of accounting staff responsible for managing accounting transformation projects and accounting system support.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems.
- 10+ years of experience in large scale global organization, including 3 years of management experience.
- CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong experience in and functional knowledge of financial processes and monthly, quarterly, and yearly close cycles.
- Experience with financial systems, including ERP, BlackLine, Cognos reporting; implementation experience is strongly required.
- Strong business knowledge and process design skills, and experience directly overseeing significant projects/implementations.
- Experience in financial reporting, metrics and key finance performance indicators.
- Knowledge and experience designing, implementing, and operating financial reporting control.
- Proven strong leadership skills, including the ability to manage change and process. improvements effectively.
- Growing small to mid-size companies to large global organizations, scaling processes and systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience in manufacturing environments, consolidation, intercompany and statutory reporting strongly preferred.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.