Accounting Supervisor/Associate Accounting Manager
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Accounting Supervisor/ Associate Accounting Manager
About the Opportunity: A growing newly public biotech company has an Associate Director of Accounting position open. This company plans on continuing to grow and offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and collaborative environment.
- Own month-end closing process and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Prepare journal entries for R&D contract accruals, based on CMO and CRO agreements. Work with internal and external project managers to resolve issues.
- Manage consolidations and intercompany transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Own Fixed Asset process, including additions and disposals, and running quarterly depreciation.
- Participate in annual budget process and budget vs. actual reporting.
- Supervise AP staff and manages AP process and procedures.
- Support and prepare work papers for annual financial audit and related tax provision and tax return.
- Provide tax compliance support for Use Tax, Property Tax, and other city/state reporting.
- Develop and implement workflow process improvements and internal controls, including documentation of desktop procedures.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests as appropriate.
- BS degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in Accounting
- Active CPA
- Experience in Biotech industry & public company experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), advanced Excel skills
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.