Payroll Supervisor, Senior Accountant
Category: Accounting & Finance
San Diego, California
Payroll Supervisor/Senior Accountant
About the Opportunity: A growing, and newly public biotech company has a Payroll Supervisor/Senior Accountant position open. This company plans on continuing to grow and offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and collaborative environment.
- Manage biweekly payroll process with 3rd party payroll processor
- Assist employees in the areas of compensation, taxes, benefits, time-tracking, how to request time off, etc.
- Make updates to payroll-related information and data and manage overall payroll work flow
- Process all new hires, promotions and terminations and other changes to payroll data
- Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy of posting, including intercompany transactions
- Prepare journal entries related to payroll and benefits and records it timely and accurately
- Process 940/941 tax payments
- Process accurate and timely year end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Document payroll processes and procedures; assist in training payroll/finance department staff
- Manage T&E process and reimbursements
- Support month-end closing process and preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Preparation, support, and analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliation of GL accounts as assigned
- Support annual financial audit and quarterly reviews of the company
- Assist in development and implementation of workflow process improvements
- BS in business, accounting or relevant field, or equivalent years of experience
- Previous experience in Biotech industry & public company experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Payroll
- Minimum of 3+ years of progressive experience in Accounting
- Experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager/supervisor
- Advanced knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll field
- Strong knowledge of ADP payroll software (Workforce), or other payroll software
- Experience with T&E reporting software (Concur) a plus
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.
Interested in learning more? Please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.sayvasolutions.com for more information. If you are already working with a Sayva team member, contact them directly and they will be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.